The Holistic Cannabis Community, Inc.
The Holistic Cannabis Community formed in 2016 to advocate for the cannabis industry in Florida. The organization is licensed to cultivate hemp in Florida. The organization supports small-scale organic, naturally grown cultivation operations and microbusinesses in order to support quality control and strain development.
The 2014 and 2018 Farm Bills repealed the 1937 Marihuana Tax Act. The act prohibited hemp cultivation and enabled the federal government to penalize and overtax hemp farmers.
The 2018 Agriculture Improvement Act removed Hemp from the definition of Marihuana therefore removing Hemp from the federal Controlled Substances Act. Legalizing Hemp at the Federal Level.
Our team brought equity to the Cannabis industry in Florida advocating for the no cost [$0] Hemp Cultivation Permit Fee to align with current agriculture permit practices in the State.
The Holsitic Cannabis Community Organizational Structure
- Director of Operations, Travis Cockerham, Florida Hemp and Microgreens Cultivator, Co-Founder and Owner and Operator of New Green Organiks, North Florida Hemp Farms, and New Green Hemp
- Director of Administration, Melissa Villar, B.S., M.P.A., for Community and Economic Development
- Secretary, Lisa McCorckle, Medical Marijuana Patient Advocate and Owner and Operator of Dandelion Bliss
- Matthew Paramore, Cannabis Advocate
- Amanda Biedron, Co-Founder and Owner and Operator of The Puff
Philip Hiss, Compassionate Learning Center Nursery
Suzanne Hancock, Hickory Nut Gifts
Robert (Bob) Felicetti, Flower Power Services